[HACC] CO2 Sequestration in Forests

Kolossos tim at alder-digital.de
Wed Jan 16 20:54:13 CET 2019

Hello Lars,
it's more space efficient to use Photovoltaic to reduce carbon emissions
than to plant trees. (I know, cost efficiency is something different.
And the amazonas has an area of 6 Mio km².)

So I "do the math" and calculated the area of PV that we are necessary
to produce the power for 36c3
over the time of one year, this are 500m².

I draw the necessary area on a map on the place of the roof top of Halle 2:
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/de/map/compensate-35c3-electrical-power-with-pv_283245

There are also some comments to my calculation on the right side of the
map.

In the moment the top priority is to cut carbon emissions down. In the
future we should have technologies to get
CO2 out of the atmosphere. To develop such technologies time is
necessary, so we should start now, but again we have to rapidly grow the
usage of wind and solar and have to work on storage to cut carbon
emissions.

Best regards
Tim