CCC Sustainability/Conference Calls/February 2019
- 1 Preparation of Topics
- 2 Protocol
- 2.1 "Homeworks"
- 2.2 Topics
- 2.2.1 Questions
- 18.104.22.168 What do we want to achieve at the events?
- 22.214.171.124 Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?
- 126.96.36.199 At which CCC or CCC-related events can someone of us be present and/or get involved to implement some projects/measures?
- 188.8.131.52 Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content?
- 184.108.40.206 How to envolve non english speaking people?
- 2.2.2 Communication channels
- 2.2.3 Projects
- 2.2.1 Questions
Preparation of Topics
- What do we want to achieve at the events?
- Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?
- At which CCC or CCC-related events can someone of us be present and/or get involved to implement some projects/measures?
- Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content? (i.e. https://programm.greenmeetings-events.de/)
- Communication channels
- Mailing list
- hacc matrix channel
- Do we want a Slack-like communication medium, which has channels (hacc matrix channel is only one channel for everyone)? Zulip is a good free and open source alternative to Slack. https://zulipchat.com/
- How to involve non-English speaking people?
Meeting Minutes during 1st conference call of c3csoc.
03. February 2019
Participants: blipp, Gunnar, ralf, Mehdi, coco, Valentin, CarK, yuvadm (silent observer), faze
Call starts: 7:00 pm
Call ends: 8:25 pm
- Ralf: Move Pads to HACC wiki and also contents of the 35C3 wiki page
- Mehdi: meets with Blipp in order to make contact on climate camp type event people
- blipp: follow-up on people that contacted us on Twitter and Mastodon
- faze: contact emanuel concerning the Wekan (in progress)
- faze: ping dodger again about the compost toilets@cccamp (done)
- faze: ping sefischer w.r.t. LOC transport information & waste disposal (done)
- Landing Page in French, English and German
- blipp: link Mastodon and Twitter
- Gunnar: Try to get Potsdam-Institut to help
- Blipp: Tweet and Toot about this Meeting on 05. February
- CarK: contact Bits and Bäume organizers and ask about the apples
- Blipp: Contact R5-Group (https://doku.ccc.de/R5)
- Information on this Meeting on Mailinglist.
- blipp: create team in orga.cccv.de
- Next Meeting; Sunday 3rd of March, Dudle for the time
Introduction of the participants
blipp presented the general idea of the project
CarK: there is documentation scattered everywhere, is it collected somewhere?
CarK: is the mission statement written down somewhere?
What do we want to achieve at the events?
Goal: Trying to improve Events in sustainability
Energy efficiency tools, Reduce Waste, Divide Waste, Recycling, Food & Drinks, Reuse of Stuff, Stickers, ...
organize different projects in smaller teams
Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?
Get a regular "sustainability part" in the upcoming infrastructure review talks
E-Mail and Website with easy to understand Mission statement and contact for organisers of events and people which want to engage in our topics
- Easterhegg (Vienna, May 2019) Valentin
- TUWAT (CCC internal meeting, May 24th-26th 2019)
- GPN (Karlsruhe, 30. Mai - 02. Juni 2019): blipp
- CCCamp: coco, blipp, Gunnar, faze
- Datenspuren (Dresden, End of September 2019) Cark
- Hackover (Hannover): coco
- MRMCD yolo
- Dezentrale Hackerspace: ralf
- C3:(Leipzig) coco, Valentin, Ralf
- Bits & Bäume (not in 2019): coco, Valentin
- Visit Events (e.g. Barcamps) and bring our ideas into, let inspirate from their solutions, documentate thinks in the wiki
- Visit local climate camps/events
- Climate Camp Leipzig: Ralf will try to give short talk about HACC there
- Climate Camp France: mehdi could try to contact them : https://anv-cop21.org/camp-climat-2017/
- "Green Meetings and Events" in Leipzig -> ralf tries to go there: https://programm.greenmeetings-events.de/
Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content?
gather documentation from all of our sources (pads, wikis, ...) -> Ralf will copy all the pads to the wiki in a page (source untouched) and then will create a site with sorted information, Ralf will mark the copied pads and "clear" them afterwards so no information is written there in future
Renewable energy companies like Enercoop: they usually go to sustainability/… events to present their company : like greenpeace energy ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpeace_Energy
ISO standard 20121 https://www.iso.org/obp/ui#iso:std:iso:20121:ed-1:v1:en
How the german "sustainability price" met its goals to be a sustainable event itself https://www.nachhaltigkeitspreis.de/ueber-uns/green-event/ (website in german)
Les villages Alternatiba : https://alternatiba.eu/wp-content/uploads/ressources/kit-methodologique-annexe.pdf
We love green : https://www.welovegreen.fr/charte-green/ (Music festival, 6 axes: energy, waste, transport, ...)
Leitfaden vom UBA: https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/nachhaltige-veranstaltungen
https://www.dbu.de/ Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt
How to envolve non english speaking people?
Landingpage in German, French and English?
encourage people to write in any language to the mailing list / Twitter / Mastodon
“English preferred, but we also have German, French, … speakers, so feel free to use these languages.”
- Mailing list, Twitter, Mastodon already exist
- Do we need Kanboard for specific tasks? Wecan is is installed on hacc.uberspace. Faze checks if it is usable
- "Promo-Website/E-Mail" for first contact to orga team(s) (->see Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?)
- documentation: ralf
- mission statement / letter: ?
- battery collection during events: blipp, coco
- compost toilets: faze
- measuring logistics emissions: faze
- waste disposal: faze, CarK
- distribution of free apples: CarK
- extract info from the last "infrastructure review" talks: Gunnar, ralf, blipp (->Ask Leon (NOC/Dresden) for more Info)(Goal: Be part of infrastructure review talk in the future)