CCC Sustainability/Conference Calls/February 2019

From Hackers Against Climate Change
Jump to: navigation, search

Preparation of Topics

  • What do we want to achieve at the events?
  • Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?
  • At which CCC or CCC-related events can someone of us be present and/or get involved to implement some projects/measures?
  • Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content? (i.e. https://programm.greenmeetings-events.de/)
  • Communication channels
    • Mailing list
    • Twitter
    • Mastodon
    • hacc matrix channel
    • Do we want a Slack-like communication medium, which has channels (hacc matrix channel is only one channel for everyone)? Zulip is a good free and open source alternative to Slack. https://zulipchat.com/
  • How to involve non-English speaking people?

Protocol

Source https://pad.totalism.org/p/c3csoc-conference-call-2019-02-03

Meeting Minutes during 1st conference call of c3csoc.

03. February 2019

Participants: blipp, Gunnar, ralf, Mehdi, coco, Valentin, CarK, yuvadm (silent observer), faze

Call starts: 7:00 pm

Call ends: 8:25 pm


"Homeworks"

  • Ralf: Move Pads to HACC wiki and also contents of the 35C3 wiki page
  • Mehdi: meets with Blipp in order to make contact on climate camp type event people
  • blipp: follow-up on people that contacted us on Twitter and Mastodon
  • faze: contact emanuel concerning the Wekan (in progress)
  • faze: ping dodger again about the compost toilets@cccamp (done)
  • faze: ping sefischer w.r.t. LOC transport information & waste disposal (done)
  • Landing Page in French, English and German
  • blipp: link Mastodon and Twitter
  • Gunnar: Try to get Potsdam-Institut to help
  • Blipp: Tweet and Toot about this Meeting on 05. February
  • CarK: contact Bits and Bäume organizers and ask about the apples
  • Blipp: Contact R5-Group (https://doku.ccc.de/R5)
  • Information on this Meeting on Mailinglist.
  • blipp: create team in orga.cccv.de
  • Next Meeting; Sunday 3rd of March, Dudle for the time


Topics

Introduction of the participants

blipp presented the general idea of the project

Questions

CarK: there is documentation scattered everywhere, is it collected somewhere?

MainPad: https://pad.totalism.org/p/c3sustainability

CarK: is the mission statement written down somewhere?

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2018/wiki/index.php/Projects:C3sustainability


What do we want to achieve at the events?

Goal: Trying to improve Events in sustainability

Energy efficiency tools, Reduce Waste, Divide Waste, Recycling, Food & Drinks, Reuse of Stuff, Stickers, ...

organize different projects in smaller teams


Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?

Get a regular "sustainability part" in the upcoming infrastructure review talks

E-Mail and Website with easy to understand Mission statement and contact for organisers of events and people which want to engage in our topics


At which CCC or CCC-related events can someone of us be present and/or get involved to implement some projects/measures?
  • Easterhegg (Vienna, May 2019) Valentin
  • TUWAT (CCC internal meeting, May 24th-26th 2019)
  • GPN (Karlsruhe, 30. Mai - 02. Juni 2019): blipp
  • CCCamp: coco, blipp, Gunnar, faze
  • Datenspuren (Dresden, End of September 2019) Cark
  • Hackover (Hannover): coco
  • MRMCD yolo
  • Dezentrale Hackerspace: ralf
  • C3:(Leipzig) coco, Valentin, Ralf
  • Bits & Bäume (not in 2019): coco, Valentin
  • Visit Events (e.g. Barcamps) and bring our ideas into, let inspirate from their solutions, documentate thinks in the wiki
  • Visit local climate camps/events
  • Climate Camp Leipzig: Ralf will try to give short talk about HACC there
  • Climate Camp France: mehdi could try to contact them : https://anv-cop21.org/camp-climat-2017/
  • "Green Meetings and Events" in Leipzig -> ralf tries to go there: https://programm.greenmeetings-events.de/


Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content?

gather documentation from all of our sources (pads, wikis, ...) -> Ralf will copy all the pads to the wiki in a page (source untouched) and then will create a site with sorted information, Ralf will mark the copied pads and "clear" them afterwards so no information is written there in future

Renewable energy companies like Enercoop: they usually go to sustainability/… events to present their company : like greenpeace energy ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpeace_Energy

ISO standard 20121 https://www.iso.org/obp/ui#iso:std:iso:20121:ed-1:v1:en

https://helloendless.com/sustainable-event-trend/

How the german "sustainability price" met its goals to be a sustainable event itself https://www.nachhaltigkeitspreis.de/ueber-uns/green-event/ (website in german)

Les villages Alternatiba : https://alternatiba.eu/wp-content/uploads/ressources/kit-methodologique-annexe.pdf

We love green : https://www.welovegreen.fr/charte-green/ (Music festival, 6 axes: energy, waste, transport, ...)

Leitfaden vom UBA: https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/nachhaltige-veranstaltungen

https://www.dbu.de/ Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt


How to envolve non english speaking people?

Landingpage in German, French and English?

encourage people to write in any language to the mailing list / Twitter / Mastodon

“English preferred, but we also have German, French, … speakers, so feel free to use these languages.”


Communication channels

  • Mailing list, Twitter, Mastodon already exist
  • Do we need Kanboard for specific tasks? Wecan is is installed on hacc.uberspace. Faze checks if it is usable
  • "Promo-Website/E-Mail" for first contact to orga team(s) (->see Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?)


Projects

  • documentation: ralf
  • mission statement / letter: ?
  • battery collection during events: blipp, coco
  • compost toilets: faze
  • measuring logistics emissions: faze
  • waste disposal: faze, CarK
  • distribution of free apples: CarK
  • extract info from the last "infrastructure review" talks: Gunnar, ralf, blipp (->Ask Leon (NOC/Dresden) for more Info)(Goal: Be part of infrastructure review talk in the future)