CCC Sustainability/Conference Calls/March 2019
10th of March 2019
Participants: blipp, Cark, coco, eckartt, faze, Gunnar, Mehdi, Valentin
Call starts: 6:02 pm
Call ends: 7:55 pm
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Topics
- 2.1 Roundtable
- 2.1.1 How to make an event Sustainible (Mehdi)
- 2.1.2 blipp: There is a conference who tries to convince atendees to offset their CO2-Emmission (but next to nobody does -> Conclusion: The event has to do it for you by default as opt-out)
- 2.1.3 Cark was involved with some events
- 2.1.4 Gunnar
- 2.1.5 Valentin
- 2.1.6 faze
- 2.1.7 Coco
- 2.2 Easterhegg 19
- 2.3 Name Diskussion
- 2.4 Next steps for the group
- 2.1 Roundtable
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Date for next call
- 5 Documents to be written
- 6 Todo
- round table: What happened since the last time?
- the naming discussion (blipp)
- Mehdi : guide to make a sustainable event ( in french : http://refedd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Fiche-pratique-evenement-responsable.pdf , a chart to each visitors : http://refedd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Charte-des-participants-%C3%A9co-responsables-RENEDD-2017.docx)
- Easterhegg (eckartt)
How to make an event Sustainible (Mehdi)
- He brought some Documents in french, we can use. http://refedd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Fiche-pratique-evenement-responsable.pdf
- choose a central venue, organize sharing cars, etc..
- How to communicate about the event ( less paper, more recycable)
- Food : Local, Bio and Season related.
- Zero waste efficient strategy ( bring your own plate, fork, cup, straws ,etc..)
- sustainables sponsors, usefull goodies
- auto evaluation in every steps : evaluate the food brought, the energy used, all along, in relation with carbone target for the event.
- Communicate about what has been done.
blipp: There is a conference who tries to convince atendees to offset their CO2-Emmission (but next to nobody does -> Conclusion: The event has to do it for you by default as opt-out)
- He mentioned Podcast Forschergeist with Tim Pritlove and Franz Josef Radermacher https://forschergeist.de/podcast/fg066-klimaneutralitaet/
Cark was involved with some events
- Bits&Bäume Dresden (23. May)
- Met Potsdam-Institut (Dr. Fritz Reusswig), asked for help, no response yet. Will ask again.
- Postet and formatted Pad content in Wiki.
- Introduced us to Franziska from Ökoinstitut. She thanked us for this.
- Contact to dodger w.r.t compost toilets -> referred to cpunkt -> no answert yet
- nothing new
Thank you for your contributions.
- We will not offer water in small bottles
- Angels will be given other things
- Water in big bottles (0,75l) will be provided in small amounts
- All bottles are reusable/refundable
- (!) We will send a mail to all people that they should bring their own bottlen- water in Vienna is really drinkable from tap
- Idea for Water next year: Verein Wassertankstelle e.V. http://wassertankstelle.de/
- Water in big bottle will be sold = € 1 our price
- Food will be organic/seasonal/regional
- Pastry will be baked on site :) (bring bread machine?!) - rented - tp avoid surplus - yep! WOC will be there to ...
- thank you for the straws ... any suggestions for Tschunk? BYOS? https://pacificstraws.de/ https://www.halm.co/de/ http://www.everstraw.de/ https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/kampf-gegen-plastik-strohhalme-aus-roggenstroh.697.de.html?dram:article_id=418913 https://www.bio-strohhalme.com/stroh/ https://www.halm.co/de/wiederverwendbare-strohhalme-im-vergleich --- straws made of glass will bring you into discussions with local law enforcement
- Carbon Offset/Compensation by people visiting: Thank you for this question! Nobody dared to ask prior ..
- Idea for an announcement to the visitors: "please mind your impact and consider compensating CO2". Ideas how to get green to Vienna. Give the people options to choose.
https://www.seat61.com/ ((very to extremely)-long-distance train journey guide) https://www.nightjet.com/reiseziele/oesterreich/wien.html (From Poland, Germany to Vienna)
- T-Shirts will be bio/organic/GOTS - and you will have to wash them -
- Colour: Heard that too, black seems ok when certified ... don't know
- How about "bring your own garment" and a printing service? Like at "Bits & Bäume". (Cark: I think this involves dangerous chemicals and might not be a good in crowded places)
- C3EOC Environment Operation Center?
- C3Soc (Occupied)
- 140 Twitter
- 240 Mastodon
- Blip tries renaming the accounts.
- Short: c3sus
- Long: CCC Sustainability Operation Center
Next steps for the group
- monthly call: ClarK invites with dudle, who creates the Wikipage? Who moderates the call?
- Produce a guide to sustainable chaos events. Collect and document it in a way we and other can use, implement and proove it.
- Helping implement this guide
- Having an Eye on events and help to think about Sustainablity on their events.
- Holding Sessions about our thoughts and beeing present on events. (Tent, Space for Sustainable Workshops).
- blip asks on the mailinglist who is going to the camp. And who is interested in doing an Assembly. Also the hacc Mailinglist. Also asking on Social Media "who is going and interested in Sustainability" (Coco and blipp will sure be there)
- Bleib gesund Camp, Esslingen 16.-17. March (Valentin)
- Easterhegg, Vienna 19.-22. April https://pads.ffrn.de/p/easterhegg19 (Valentin, eckkart)
Date for next call
- Sunday Cark is sending mail and dudel over the mailinglist.
Documents to be written
- guide (Wiki) for sustainable C3 events
- short info/flyer to convince participants why sustaiability is important
- Gunnar, Blib, Valentin and CarK: Paragraph on responsible travel: https://pad.totalism.org/p/c3csoc-responsible-traveling
- CarK:Is there a Kanban tool on the Haccserver? Could we use e.g. https://kanboard.org/
- CarK: follow up the" Apple-Mail" (B&B)
- CarK: renaming the Mumble Channel
- Valentin Protocol- and Wikipflege
- Gunnar: Will ask people from interesting organisations for help if possible (because i work in sustainability i sometimes get to meet those)
- Mehdi : Draft of a guide : howto to make an sustainable event + chart + Flyers for visitors + material to convince
- Mehdi: Checking the Microphone. Sound is hard to understand and dissorted.
- blip get's and renaming the accounts.
- blip is informing the community about the name change
- blipp asks on hacc@ for camp assembly, then maybe creating another mailinglist also on social media