c3sus/Conference Calls/February 2019
Disclaimer: This is c3sus' internal wiki. We chose to leave it public for transparency reasons and to ease collaboration. There might be unfinished thoughts and ideas not thought through in our notes. Notably, there might be ideas that are incompatible with the way CCC events are organised right now, or conflicting with important requirements of the events. Or ideas that are already implemented by a CCC orga team or that have already been tried in the past and didn't work out. In these cases we just don't know better, yet: those events are huge and have a long history. Thus, please read our notes with a grain of salt. If you want to help us and know something we should know, please drop us a line, we are happy to hear from you.
- 1 Preparation of Topics
- 2 Protocol
- 2.1 "Homeworks"
- 2.2 Topics
- 2.2.1 Questions
- 22.214.171.124 What do we want to achieve at the events?
- 126.96.36.199 Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?
- 188.8.131.52 At which CCC or CCC-related events can someone of us be present and/or get involved to implement some projects/measures?
- 184.108.40.206 Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content?
- 220.127.116.11 How to envolve non english speaking people?
- 2.2.2 Communication channels
- 2.2.3 Projects
- 2.2.1 Questions
Preparation of Topics
- What do we want to achieve at the events?
- Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?
- At which CCC or CCC-related events can someone of us be present and/or get involved to implement some projects/measures?
- Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content? (i.e. https://programm.greenmeetings-events.de/)
- Communication channels
- Mailing list
- hacc matrix channel
- Do we want a Slack-like communication medium, which has channels (hacc matrix channel is only one channel for everyone)? Zulip is a good free and open source alternative to Slack. https://zulipchat.com/
- How to involve non-English speaking people?
Meeting Minutes during 1st conference call of c3csoc.
03. February 2019
Participants: blipp, Gunnar, ralf, Mehdi, coco, Valentin, CarK, yuvadm (silent observer), faze
Call starts: 7:00 pm
Call ends: 8:25 pm
- Ralf: Move Pads to HACC wiki and also contents of the 35C3 wiki page
- Mehdi: meets with Blipp in order to make contact on climate camp type event people
- blipp: follow-up on people that contacted us on Twitter and Mastodon
- faze: contact emanuel concerning the Wekan (in progress)
- faze: ping dodger again about the compost toilets@cccamp (done)
- faze: ping sefischer w.r.t. LOC transport information & waste disposal (done)
- Landing Page in French, English and German
- blipp: link Mastodon and Twitter
- Gunnar: Try to get Potsdam-Institut to help
- Blipp: Tweet and Toot about this Meeting on 05. February
- CarK: contact Bits and Bäume organizers and ask about the apples
- Blipp: Contact R5-Group (https://doku.ccc.de/R5)
- Information on this Meeting on Mailinglist.
- blipp: create team in orga.cccv.de
- Next Meeting; Sunday 3rd of March, Dudle for the time
Introduction of the participants
blipp presented the general idea of the project
CarK: there is documentation scattered everywhere, is it collected somewhere?
CarK: is the mission statement written down somewhere?
What do we want to achieve at the events?
Goal: Trying to improve Events in sustainability
Energy efficiency tools, Reduce Waste, Divide Waste, Recycling, Food & Drinks, Reuse of Stuff, Stickers, ...
organize different projects in smaller teams
Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?
Get a regular "sustainability part" in the upcoming infrastructure review talks
E-Mail and Website with easy to understand Mission statement and contact for organisers of events and people which want to engage in our topics
- Easterhegg (Vienna, May 2019) Valentin
- TUWAT (CCC internal meeting, May 24th-26th 2019)
- GPN (Karlsruhe, 30. Mai - 02. Juni 2019): blipp
- CCCamp: coco, blipp, Gunnar, faze
- Datenspuren (Dresden, End of September 2019) Cark
- Hackover (Hannover): coco
- MRMCD yolo
- Dezentrale Hackerspace: ralf
- C3:(Leipzig) coco, Valentin, Ralf
- Bits & Bäume (not in 2019): coco, Valentin
- Visit Events (e.g. Barcamps) and bring our ideas into, let inspirate from their solutions, documentate thinks in the wiki
- Visit local climate camps/events
- Climate Camp Leipzig: Ralf will try to give short talk about HACC there
- Climate Camp France: mehdi could try to contact them : https://anv-cop21.org/camp-climat-2017/
- "Green Meetings and Events" in Leipzig -> ralf tries to go there: https://programm.greenmeetings-events.de/
Which potential sources of knowledge exist about sustainable conferences and who will extract the significant content?
gather documentation from all of our sources (pads, wikis, ...) -> Ralf will copy all the pads to the wiki in a page (source untouched) and then will create a site with sorted information, Ralf will mark the copied pads and "clear" them afterwards so no information is written there in future
Renewable energy companies like Enercoop: they usually go to sustainability/… events to present their company : like greenpeace energy ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpeace_Energy
ISO standard 20121 https://www.iso.org/obp/ui#iso:std:iso:20121:ed-1:v1:en
How the german "sustainability price" met its goals to be a sustainable event itself https://www.nachhaltigkeitspreis.de/ueber-uns/green-event/ (website in german)
Les villages Alternatiba : https://alternatiba.eu/wp-content/uploads/ressources/kit-methodologique-annexe.pdf
We love green : https://www.welovegreen.fr/charte-green/ (Music festival, 6 axes: energy, waste, transport, ...)
Leitfaden vom UBA: https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/nachhaltige-veranstaltungen
https://www.dbu.de/ Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt
How to envolve non english speaking people?
Landingpage in German, French and English?
encourage people to write in any language to the mailing list / Twitter / Mastodon
“English preferred, but we also have German, French, … speakers, so feel free to use these languages.”
- Mailing list, Twitter, Mastodon already exist
- Do we need Kanboard for specific tasks? Wecan is is installed on hacc.uberspace. Faze checks if it is usable
- "Promo-Website/E-Mail" for first contact to orga team(s) (->see Where can we get into the Orgateam to achieve these?)
- documentation: ralf
- mission statement / letter: ?
- battery collection during events: blipp, coco
- compost toilets: faze
- measuring logistics emissions: faze
- waste disposal: faze, CarK
- distribution of free apples: CarK
- extract info from the last "infrastructure review" talks: Gunnar, ralf, blipp (->Ask Leon (NOC/Dresden) for more Info)(Goal: Be part of infrastructure review talk in the future)