[HACC] Camp: Call for Participation

blipp at mailbox.org blipp at mailbox.org
Wed May 22 18:30:03 CEST 2019

Hi c3sus and hacc,

Cross-posting because I think this topic is relevant for the two groups.

The official call for participation for the camp just got out:

German:
https://events.ccc.de/2019/05/22/beteiligt-euch-mit-vortragen-am-chaos-communication-camp-2019/

English:
https://events.ccc.de/2019/05/22/call-for-participation-chaos-communication-camp-2019/

Unfortunately we completely forgot to try to get a sustainability content track (at least I forgot).

1) I think we can still encourage people to do sustainability- and hacc-related submissions in the track that fits best (for example politics, science), and maintain a virtual sustainability track as a list of relevant talks in for example our wiki. (Or then in the camp wiki on a page of a sustainability village/... once this wiki exists)

2) or try to have our own content track in a sustainability village with an own stage. A sustainability and hacc village would be super nice. Having an own stage might be too much work, easier might be small sessions and workshops in a shared tent if we could organise one. It would be extra nice to let this run under the Bits&Bäume / bits and trees label, see https://chaos.social/@c3sustainability/102102086937141835

What do you think?

I don't have access to my hacc wiki account at the moment, but I'd like to start a wiki page to collect information on
- who is interested in joining a possible sustainability+hacc village
- suggestions for sessions and workshops

Depending on how this develops we might want to open a dedicated mailing list to organise these camp-related things.

-- blipp